Enriching your child's out-of-school hours
SAC can help working parents to improve their work-life balance by giving them the flexibility they need to meet their work and family obligations.
School Age Care (SAC) Overview
School Age Care (SAC) provides children between the ages of five and twelve with diverse, entertaining, and age-appropriate activities. SAC operates during times when school is not in session, such as before and after school, during school holidays, teacher in-service days, inter-sessions, and any unexpected school closures. Its primary goal is to offer programs that enhance, rather than replicate, the standard school day experience.
- Child: Kindergarten through 6th grade
- Active duty military
- National Guard or Reserve on active duty orders
- DoD civilian employees
- Coast Guard civilian employees
- Gold Star spouses of military members who died from a combat-related incident
- DoD contractors
- Other federal employees (e.g., US Secret Service)
- Deactivated Guard/Reserve personnel or Inactive Guard/Reserve in a training status
- Military retiree
- Other sponsor type
How to Get Started
- Initial Contact: Reach out to the Resource and Referral office for detailed information about the SAC program and other child and youth services.
- Online Registration: To express interest or place a request for the SAC program, visit MilitaryChildCare.com.
- Wait for a Response: Once a request is made, the Resource and Referral office will get in touch when there's a suitable opening for your child.
- Accepting the Offer: After accepting the available spot, the Resource and Referral office will provide you with the SAC registration packet.
- Fees: A $15.00 annual CYP membership fee and a $50.00 deposit are required at the time of registration. The fees for SAC's before and after school programs are based on the family's total household income.
- Determine Care Schedule: Decide on the care type you need: AM care (0600-1800, Monday-Friday), PM care (end of school until 1800, Monday-Friday), or both AM/PM care. Remember that additional charges apply for full-day care during school waiver days, teacher work days, state holidays, etc.
What SAC Does for You
- Flexible Care Options: SAC offers both before and after school care. Full-time care is also available on all non-school days, excluding weekends and federal holidays.
- Fee Structure: Charges for SAC's before and after school programs are set based on the family's cumulative household income.
- Priority for Camps: Children enrolled in SAC get preferential placement in popular Camps, which offer organized full-day care during school vacations.
- Availability: For those not registered in SAC, spots for non-school days might be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
SAC is a holistic initiative aimed at ensuring children have a safe, enjoyable, and developmental environment during out-of-school hours. The integration of MilitaryChildCare.com further simplifies the process for parents, ensuring that quality care for their children is just a few clicks away.
MCCS Child & Youth Programs | School Age Care (SAC)
|Closed on federal holidays.|