Information, Referral, and Relocation Services (IRRS)
The Information, Referral, and Relocation Services (IRRS) is the go-to for Marines, Sailors, and their families when arriving aboard or departing Marine Corps Base Hawaii (MCBH). IRRS provides relocation assistance to families and offers a wealth of information to keep your transition on or off base smooth.
Aloha, and on behalf of Marine Corps Community Services (MCCS), welcome to Marine Corps Base Hawaii (MCBH).
The following resources may be helpful to you and your family as you get settled into your new island home. Also, please contact your sponsor, unit DRC, or S-1.
Don't hesitate to contact the MCCS Marine and Family Programs | Information, Referral, and Relocation Services if you need further assistance. Walk-ins are welcome. Additionally, schedule a visit: https://ppdev.eventbrite.com.
Please review the following resources to get you started.
Arriving With Family
Service members arriving with family should make reservations at The Inns of the Corps, the temporary lodging facility on MCBH. If the Inns of the Corps are unavailable, request a statement of non-availability from them. The Ford Island Navy Lodge is recommended for those working at Camp Smith.
Arriving Without Family
Geo-Bachelors arriving without their family members and single officers may contact Five Palms to make reservations for temporary lodging at these respective offices:
- E6 to E9 - Unaccompanied Personnel Housing (UPH) at 808-257-2409
- Officers - Bachelors Officer Quarters (BOQ) at 808-257-2409
Please give your command advanced notice if you plan to get married while en route to your new duty station. Information will be provided to help guide you in preparing for your arrival at Marine Corps Base Hawaii (MCBH).
If you get married en route to Hawaii, you must inform your Hawaii command immediately and get guidance from them. Most units have a pre-marriage checklist (usually with the S-1) that provides guidance.
Any firearms brought to Hawaii must be registered with the state. Registration paperwork is necessary for PCS on and off the island. If you try to hide firearms in your shipment and they are discovered, your household goods will be seized, and you may be subject to fines or other penalties.
- Honolulu Police Department: http://www.honolulupd.org/information/index.php?page=gunmain
- MCBH: https://www.mcbhawaii.marines.mil/Offices-Staff/Provost-Marshals-Office/
Service Members accompanied by command-sponsored dependents must check in with their unit and the Installation Personnel Administration Center (IPAC) and promptly report to the Family Housing Office within three working days of arrival. Marines must provide:
- Copies of their endorsed original orders.
- Detaching and reporting endorsement from their S-1.
- Travel vouchers/documents.
Other service members supported at MCB Hawaii will need to provide a copy of their endorsed original orders and Command Sponsorship Letter. Don't hesitate to contact the S-4/Family Housing Office if you have questions about your application and process or schedule an appointment with our counselors.
Other Resources to support your move include:
- FREE - Temporary "Aloha Furniture" available for families living on and off base. Housing facilitates the delivery, so please ask about Aloha loaner furniture at your appointment. The utility deposit waiver program is also available for anyone living off base for free set-up.
If you are planning to live off base, please visit www.Homes.mil.
Castle Medical Center in Kailua is the closest hospital to Marine Corps Base Hawaii (MCBH). MCBH has emergency services access, so please call 911 if you experience an emergency medical issue, and an ambulance will come. The MCBH clinic on base does not have emergency services, so please do not go to the clinic for an emergency.
Visit TRICARE online for more information about local services.
LEAVING Hawaii in the next 6 months? Permanent Change of Station (PCS) moves are challenging. Marine & Family Programs is here to support you with resources that will help make your move smooth and stress free. This PCS toolkit is a reference sheet of the outbound process as well as services you may need to utilize. Please review the contacts listed below and contact Information, Referral & Relocation Services at 808-257-7786 or email OMBKBAY.MCBHIRRS@USMC-MCCS.ORG if you have any questions or need clarification for your individual circumstances.
PCS OUTBOUND PROCESS STEP BY STEP
This is a mandatory program for anyone PCSing (EAS can attend, but it is not mandatory). No orders necessary to attend. Spouses can attend in place of the service member
Check out https://ppdev.eventbrite.com for registration and dates.
- Set up or reactivate your account, https://www.militaryonesource.mil/moving-housing/moving/pcs-and-military-moves/l
- Schedule & attend DMO outbound brief at: 808-257-3566, bldg. 209 on the corner of 2nd street and C street (or at the Camp Smith office, MARFORPAC building).
- Once your account is activated, completed the DMO outbound brief, and have the necessary paperwork then you can complete your outbound interview with your S-1/G-1 and then start making arrangements with IPAC outbound.
Building 1043, 2nd deck, (808) 257-2401/1857. Once your outbound interview is approved, go to 2nd deck of IPAC for initial interview/flights (members cannot fly until at least 10 business days after that initial visit).
- For advance pay request, complete the advance pay form. Your Battalion or Squadron Commander must sign all advance pay requests if more than 1 month with payback in 12 months.
- If shipping a vehicle attach a copy of the signed VPC worksheet from DMO to your OBI or bring with you to IPAC.
Schedule an appointment or walk in to see the Military Finance Office, Building 216- 1st Deck (facing the base library) to get an official estimate of your full entitlements, (808) 257-7771/ 7766 by appointment.
**Please note that TLA requires a separate appointment from military finance and IPAC outbound and can be done prior to completion of your outbound interview. Meet with the Temporary Lodging Allowance office (TLA) 30 Days Prior to detaching from your command, call for an appointment. Departure TLA for MCBH is 7 days at an approved lodging source. TLA can supply you with the official list of current TLA approved lodges:
- U.S. Marine Corps TLA Office (808) 257- 2198/1582, Building 1043, 1st deck
- U.S. Navy TLA Office PSD Pearl Harbor (808) 471-2405
- Power of Attorney (PoA)
- Green Card/Immigration Support
- Assistance with lease/landlord issues
TRICARE online: http://www.tricare.mil/ Moving? Transfer Your Prime Enrollment with Just a Phone Call. Frequent moves can be frustrating for active duty families. TRICARE gives you one less thing to worry about with Moving Made Easy. Now, whether stateside or overseas, you can transfer enrollment with just one phone call to your new location. You don't need orders; there are no waiting lists and no forms to complete. When you get to your new duty station, just pick up the phone and call your regional contractor or log on to http://www.tricare.mil/
- Over-the-Counter (OTC) Program at the pharmacy http://www.tricare.mil/otcdemo
- DEERS, 808-257-2077 (MCBH Office) or 1-800-538-9552
MCCS Marine & Family Programs | Information, Referral, and Relocation Services (IRRS)
Sponsorship Training: 8082577786
Lending Locker: 8082577786
Check In/Out: 8082577786
New Arrivals Orientation: 8082577786
|Holiday hours may vary.|