Foundations For A Healthier Future
Empowering individuals with knowledge and tools to prioritize their well-being and make informed decisions for a healthier and more fulfilling life.
Overview of the Program
The Health Promotions program at Marine Corps Base Hawaii (MCBH) Semper Fit Center is designed to help promote a healthy lifestyle and reduce the risk of chronic diseases in the future. The program provides information and tools to help individuals make better behavioral decisions regarding their health. The ultimate goal of the program is to guide individuals in the right direction and help them make the necessary changes to ensure and/or maintain a healthy military career and life thereafter.
Who is Eligible
All Active Duty, Reserves, Families, Retired, Veterans, and DoD Civilians are eligible for the Health Promotions program.
How to Get Started
To get started, individuals can come into the MCBH Semper Fit Center and make an appointment or fill out an HP Inquiry Card at the front desk. They can also call, or email the program.
NEW "Green Machine" PROGRAM - Health & Wellness Boot Camp
Register for the new 1-month health, fitness & weight management boot camp designed by the Health Promotions team where participants can learn about nutrition, exercise strategies, sleep and more.
- Eligibility: Active duty, reserves and their families and DoD civlians are eligible.
- To sign up: Command, PCP or Self-Referral to the Health Promotion Office.
- Download application form
- For more information, call 808-254-7473.
The Health Promotions program offers a variety of services, including:
- Unit/Group Classes: These classes cover a variety of topics, including basic nutrition, stress management, tobacco prevention and cessation, sexual health, chronic disease prevention, injury prevention, weight management, and sports psychology.
- One-on-One Support: Individuals who are not comfortable in a group setting can receive 1-on-1 support on any of the topics covered in the unit/group classes.
- Resource Tables: The Health Promotions team can come to any location and set up an information table to talk to individuals about healthy living and the services offered by the program.
- Group X: Group X is a series of group-based exercise classes, such as spin, yoga, HIIT, High Fitness, aqua fitness, and Zumba.
- RMR: Resting metabolic rate (RMR) testing is a test that shows how much energy is burned in caloric form while at rest. It also provides results showing an individual's metabolism rate, caloric weight loss, maintenance, and danger zones, etc.
- InBody: The InBody Body Scan is a full-body composition scan that renders results such as weight, lean body mass, total body water levels, skeletal muscle mass, BMI, body fat %, sectional lean and fat analysis, abdominal fat levels, and dry lean mass.
The Health Promotions program is a valuable resource for the Military population. It provides the information and tools individuals need to make informed decisions about their health and live healthier, happier lives.
Earn Points for your Unit!
Certain classes are a part of the Commander's Na Koa Cup! For information on qualifying activities and classes, contact Health Promotions.
|Closed on Federal Holidays