Preparing Marines For Civilian Life
The Transition Readiness Program (TRP) ensures Marines prepare to transition from military to civilian life. TRP provides Marines and their families with the tools and resources to pursue the Department of Defense-directed Career Readiness Standards.
Our office has been experiencing difficulties with our phone systems. If, in the event, you are unable to leave us a Voice Mail, please email or stop by our office. We are working diligently to resolve the issue with our IT department. Mahalo!
Eligibility for the Transition Readiness Seminar (TRS)
- Applicant Status:
- Must be an Active Duty or Reserve Marine.
- Service Duration:
- Must have served a minimum of 180 consecutive days on Active Duty.
- Timeline for TRS Participation:
- Begin TRS within 12-14 months of End of Active Service (EAS) or 24 months of retirement.
- Final deadline is no later than 180 days from EAS or Retirement as per MCO 1700.31.
- TRS Requirements:
- Individualized Initial Counseling (IC)
- Pre-Separation Counseling
- TRS workshops
- Capstone Review
- Commander's Verification
Note: TRS is crucial for a successful transition, providing Marines and their families with essential resources.
Prepare for the mandatory, Transition Readiness Seminar (TRS).
The following pre-work is required to be completed before you can register for a seminar (view TRS Instructions & Checklist.)
If you are accessing this site from a .mil computer, please right-click on the links below and select “copy link address” or “copy shortcut” and then open a new tab in your browser and paste it into your browser URL window.
- Download 2024 TRS Checklist.pdf and fill out the top portion of the first page and follow Transition Pre-Work Instructions on checklist.
Use the following links below to follow along with the checklist.
- Schedule your Individual Counseling Appointment
Schedule Individual Counseling Appointment
- Must complete and bring all pre-work to your Individual Counseling Appointment.
- Individual Counseling Appointments must be completed no later than 365 days prior to your End of Active Service (EAS).
- At this one-on-one appointment with a Transition Specialist, you will begin your Transition journey by selecting course pathways and dates.
- Complete Self Assessment/ITP
- Initiate the e-Form (MUST use Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge)
- VMET (Verification of Military Experience and Training) (MUST use Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge)
- JST (Joint Service Transcript)
- VA Account Registration
- Update MOL Email
Must complete and bring all pre-work to your Individual Counseling Appointment. Individual Counseling Appointments must be completed no later than 365 days prior to your End of Active Service (EAS). At this one-on-one appointment with a Transition Specialist, you will begin your Transition journey by selecting course pathways and dates.
Pre-Separation Counseling Brief is mandatory.
The brief is scheduled no later than 365 days prior to your End of Active Service (EAS) date. The date and location of your pre-separation counseling brief will be scheduled at your Individual Counseling Appointment.
Failure to attend your Pre-Separation Counseling Brief will result in forfeiture of the TRS class seat. You will need to reschedule through the TRS office.
- DoD Day – Managing My Transition, MOC Crosswalk, Finance, and Healthcare options.
- VA Benefits and Services
- Department of Labor (DOL) Employment Fundamentals
- Depending on the assigned Tier, this will be your chosen Transition Track. Options include Employment, Education, Entrepreneurial, and Career Exploration classes.
- PTAD | 100% in class – NO outside appointments or being pulled away; this will result in being dropped from the class.
- Print out the Capstone Checklist in the downloads section.
- Capstones are offered by appointment only.
- Schedule your capstone interview with the Commanding Officer or assigned Command Designee.
- DD2648/eForm is signed during this interview by Commanding Officer or designee and converted to a PDF.
- Provide a copy to Unit Transition Coordinator UTC and IPAC.
Transition Readiness Program
Retired Activities Program: 8082577790
|Holiday hours may vary.|