Preparing Marines for civilian life.
The Transition Readiness Program (TRP) ensures Marines prepare to transition from military to civilian life. TRP provides Marines and their families with the tools and resources to pursue the Department of Defense-directed Career Readiness Standards.
TRS is currently a week-long program required by Title 10 for all Active Duty and Reserve Marines who have served a minimum of 180 consecutive days on Active Duty. Currently, Marines are encouraged to begin TRS within 12-14 months of their End of Active Service (EAS) or within 24 months of their retirement, but no later than 180 days from EAS or Retirement (per MCO 1700.31).
Get Started Now:
Prepare for the mandatory, 5-day Transition Readiness Seminar (TRS).
The following pre-work is required to be completed before you can register for a seminar (view TRS Instructions & Checklist.)
If you are accessing this site from a .mil computer, please right-click on the links below and select “copy link address” or “copy shortcut” and then open a new tab in your browser and paste it into your browser URL window.
- Download 2023 TRS Checklist.pdf and fill out the top portion of the first page and follow Transition Pre-Work Instructions on checklist.
Use the following links below to follow along with the checklist.
- Schedule your Individual Counseling Appointment
Schedule Individual Counseling Appointment
- Complete Self Assessment/ITP
- Initiate the e-Form (MUST use Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge)
- VMET (Verification of Military Experience and Training) (MUST use Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge)
- JST (Joint Service Transcript)
- VA Account Registration
- Update MOL Email
Please complete and bring all pre-work to your Individual Counseling Appointment.
- Attend your Pre-Separation Seminar – Fridays at 0830. Location will be emailed to participants.
- Mon-Fri Participants will be notified of location at the Pre-Separation Seminar.
- In Classroom VA and DOL Employment workshops and Transition specific info, Education, Entrepreneurial, and Vocational classes.
- TAD for the week – 100% in class – NO outside appointments or being pulled away
- Check the downloads section for the 2022 TRS Schedule
- Print out the Capstone Checklist in the downloads section.
- Capstones offered by appointment only.
- Bring Completed Self Assessment
- Completed resume
- Completed 12 -month post-Transition Budget
- Completed MOC-Gap analysis
- Schedule your final capstone interview with the Commanding Officer or assigned Capstone Designee.
- DD2648/eForm is signed during this interview by Commanding Officer or designee.
- Print completed DD2648/eForm from DoDTap website
- Take to IPAC
- Receive DD214
MCCS Marine & Family Programs | Transition Readiness Program
Retired Activities Program: 8082577790
|Holiday hours may vary.|